TDR is a leading source of advice, support and training for Engineering, Manufacturing and Science. Our Apprenticeship programmes provide the most thorough grounding and strongest possible foundation for anyone committed to developing a rewarding career in STEM.
We have an exciting new opportunity in TDR’s operational team, developing and delivering training in line with business requirements. Working with learners and employers within the Engineering and Science sector, taking responsibility for the development of learners and support them through various aspects of their training.
Job Title: Skills and Knowledge Coach
Employment Term: Full time, 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Permanent
Number of Position: 1 available
Location: NE12 area
Salary: £26k – £30k per annum, competitive depending upon experience and qualifications
Estimated Start Date: February 2020
Main job responsibilities:
- Provide a structured and appropriate development plan for learners enabling them to maximise their full potential in line with individual learning requirements.
- Develop and deliver BTEC qualification following the standards set by TDR, Funding and Awarding bodies, Ofsted and other business requirements.
- Meet with learners and employers regularly to review progress on the training programme and agree on targets and actions to ensure learners remain on track to achieve timely completion.
- Develop and deliver training for TDR’s Skills Development provision.
- Work with learners and employers to document evidence of progress efficiently and effectively using tools such as OneFile e-portfolio system.
- Support the induction of new learners and employers in the creation of programme pathways and administration of the sign-up process.
- Support the reporting of progress and associated data collection requirements.
- Work with the IQA to implement new processes and approaches to supporting learners to enhance the quality of on-programme support.
- Contribute towards learner gateway reviews and support and guide them through the endpoint assessment phase to ensure target retention and completion rates for Apprenticeships are met.
- Engineering and/or Science skills in one or more of the following fields: Electrical, Physics and Chemical.
- Experience in training/instructing/assessing apprenticeships and understanding of new standards.
- Experience and level 4 qualification (or above) in Engineering and/or Science sector.
- Experience of managing own caseload and diary.
- Assessors Award (or willing to work towards).
- Motivation and results-driven.
- Good IT skills and strong skills in project management.
- The UK driving licence and access to own vehicle.
This is a full time, permanent positions subject to a satisfactory DBS check. Training will be provided as necessary.
To apply for the position please send your CV with a letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post:
TDR Training Ltd
Q1, Quorum Business Park
Newcastle upon Tyne
Closing date for applications: Sunday 27th December 2020