We have an exciting new opportunity in TDR’s Learning and Development team
Job Title: CAD Tutor
Employment Term: Full-time, Monday to Friday, Permanent
Number of Positions: 1 available
Location: NE12 area
Salary: up to £36k per annum
Estimated Start Date: February 2023
TDR is a leading source of advice, support and training for Engineering, Manufacturing and Science. Our Apprenticeship and Training programmes provide the most thorough grounding and strongest possible foundation for anyone committed to developing a rewarding career in STEM.
Main job responsibilities
- Teach commitment aligned with the timetable requirements for that academic year and provide cover where required in accordance with your skill and capacity.
- Conduct student tutorials and regular reviews of student progress.
- Complete the set targets using the Performance Management System constructively.
- Preparation of learning materials, session plans, schemes of work, and assignments to support high-quality teaching and learning for all scheduled practical and classroom-based teaching.
- Set, mark and assess work and examinations to required TDR and/or awarding body requirements and provide timely feedback to students.
- Monitor and record apprentice attendance, punctuality and achievement.
- Complete assignment marking and Tracking sheet and communicate results and findings with the Manager prior to despatch to school/employer.
- Display full compliance with TDR policies and procedures, including those for Quality Improvement.
- Display full participation in Internal and External verification procedures.
- Manage and supervise internal and external visits and compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- Maintain appropriate Continuing Professional Development, including attendance on training events identified for you by the company, to ensure the highest standards of quality in your teaching.
- Transfer and share skills and knowledge with other team members through workshops, observations or other staff development activities.
- Actively contribute to the collection and evaluation of information to ensure continuous improvement of learning programmes. Network with colleagues to promote best practices across the team.
- STEM experience in the following disciplines: Mechanical or Electrical Maintenance industries Backgrounds.
- Experience with 2D CAD
- Experience with Engineering Drawing
- Experience with Engineering Design
- Hold a minimum of Level 4 qualification in Engineering subject.
- Motivation and results driven.
- Good IT skills and strong skills on project management.
- Hold Teaching and/or Assessor qualification
- Experience in training/instructing/assessing apprenticeships and understanding of new standards.
- Experience with 3d modelling in Inventor
- Hold Internal Verification qualification
- Health and Safety accreditation
This is a full-time, permanent position subject to a satisfactory DBS check. TDR is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults.
What will we offer you in return?
One of the biggest rewards of a career with TDR is taking part in our charitable objective to promote and provide learning and vocational education to local businesses and people in pursuit of employment in the fields of STEM.
You will also have access to a fantastic range of employee benefits and personal and professional development support. Benefit include:
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
- CPD annual allowance
- 30 hours a year to spend on CPD
- Free on-site parking
- A minimum of 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- A maximum of 4 days additional holiday to reward long term service
To apply for the position, click the link below and email Claire Tipton your CV and cover letter.