We have an exciting new opportunity in TDR’s Learning and Development team
Job Title: Science Apprenticeship Tutor
Employment Term: Permanent, full time
Salary: £29,000 – £36,000 per annum, competitive depending upon experience and qualifications
Estimated Start Date: January 2023
Schedule: Monday to Friday
TDR is a leading source of advice, support and training for Engineering, Manufacturing and Science. Our Apprenticeship programmes provide the most thorough grounding and strongest possible foundation for anyone committed to developing a rewarding career in STEM.
We have an exciting new opportunity to work within all areas of TDR’s operational team, developing and delivering training in line with business requirements. Working with apprentices and employers within the Engineering and Science sector, taking responsibility for the development of apprentices and support them through various aspects of their training.
Main job responsibilities
- Providing a structured and appropriate development plan for apprentices enabling them to maximise their full potential in line with Apprenticeship Standards requirements.
- Monitor and deliver knowledge, skills and behaviours in line with individual apprenticeship requirements.
- Meet apprentices and employers on a regular basis to review progress on the apprenticeship programme and agree targets and actions to ensure apprentices remain on track to achieving a timely completion.
- Develop and deliver training for Apprenticeships and TDR’s Commercial Training Portfolio.
- Supporting inductions and skills development of apprentices by delivering technical and practical training and facilitating skills sessions.
- Working with apprentices and employers to document evidence of progress in an efficient and effective manner using tools such as OneFile e-portfolio system.
- Supporting the induction of new apprentices and employers in the creation of programme pathways and administration of the sign-up process.
- Supporting the reporting of progress and associated data collection requirements.
- Supporting the ongoing administration of the apprenticeship programme for your learners, including course bookings and exam results.
- Work with the IQA to implement new processes and approaches to supporting apprentices to enhance the quality of on-programme support.
- Contributing towards learner gateway reviews and support and guide them through the end point assessment phase to ensure target retention and completion rates for Apprenticeships are met.
- Hold a minimum of Level 3 Qualification in Science subjects.
- Have up to date knowledge and experience of the Science industry.
- Hold assessing qualification or teaching qualifications (or willing to work towards).
- Good at Microsoft office software.
- Be flexible and self-motivated with a passion for learner achievement and a commitment to quality.
- Experience with NVQ and BTEC qualifications.
- Hold Internal Verification qualification.
- Health and Safety accreditation and Project Management Skills.
This is a full-time, permanent position subject to a satisfactory DBS check. TDR is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults.
What will we offer you in return?
One of the biggest rewards of a career with TDR is taking part in our charitable objective to promote and provide learning and vocational education to local businesses and people in pursuit of employment in the fields of STEM.
You will also have access to a fantastic range of employee benefits and support for your personal and professional development. Benefit include:
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
- CPD annual allowance
- 30 hours a year to spend on CPD
- Free on-site parking
- A minimum of 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- A maximum of 4 days additional holiday to reward long term service
- Diploma of Higher Education (preferred)
- Teaching: 2 years (preferred)
- Tutoring: 1 year (preferred)
- Science Industry: 3 years (preferred)
Application deadline: 02/12/2022
Expected start date: 03/01/2023
To apply for the position, click the link below and email Claire Tipton your CV and cover letter.